Simplify Your Portfolio to Achieve M&A Synergy Goals
A post-M&A technology integration plan offers an opportunity to more quickly realize the efficiencies and synergies of a merger or acquisition.
Our post-M&A integration solution helps you simplify your technology portfolio and the associated infrastructure supporting it. Post-M&A integration lets you reduce costs and operate more efficiently by standardizing, streamlining, and simplifying your portfolio following a merger or acquisition without compromising service quality. It drives progress towards your M&A synergy goals, allowing you to focus on legal and regulatory issues, systems and process integration, and business continuity throughout the M&A process.
Why Is Post-M&A Integration Important?
During a merger or acquisition, it’s vital to examine your applications portfolio and explore opportunities to
- Attain operational and cost synergies via the acquisition
- Reduce stranded costs left with the seller after a divestiture
- Standardize, streamline, and simplify your application portfolio to best serve the future company and its lines of business
Application rationalization is a major cost-synergy opportunity that often yields a 20–50 percent reduction in IT footprints, because it
- Reduces license costs and the number of third-party vendors under contract
- Offers the opportunity to sunset customizations and migrate to out-of-the-box functionality and/or standardized business processes
- Enables you to jump start the historical data conversation early in the deal lifecycle, avoiding costly surprises once the deal closes
How Primitive Logic Can Help
We follow a set of established, proven best practices, developed from more than 30 years of enterprise architecture and systems integrations. We leverage that expertise to identify potential risks and provide full-service solutions in ensuring an effective merger or acquisition process.
Our post-M&A integration approach enables you to decrease the number of applications in use, reduce license costs, retire unneeded customizations, and start the historical data conversation early in the deal lifecycle.
- 005: Governance Model : We establish a PMO and governance model to guide IT strategy and control costs achieving deal objectives.
- 003 : Stakeholder Alignment : We ensure business stakeholders are aligned with the overall objectives of the application rationalization process across all functions.
- 001 : Project Inventory : We prepare a project inventory to identify and assess critical projects in-flight, in order to align projects with the go-forward strategy and cost model.
- 004 : Application Costs : We address key areas and outline the purpose for your website, online content, social presence, mobile apps, etc.
- 002 : Roadmap and Blueprint : We develop an application transition roadmap and an end-state portfolio blueprint to keep stakeholders informed and bought-in.
Accelerating M&A Business Value
Primitive Logic helped this retail client accelerate the business results from an acquisition by optimizing the integration process.
We Can Help
Let the Primitive Logic team help you achieve mindful digital transformation.