The Deadline Is Coming. Are You Ready?
"The protection of natural persons in relation to the processing of personal data is a fundamental right."
General Data Protection Regulation, Council of the European Union, April 2016
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will significantly impact people, processes, and technology across organizations around the world — not just those based in Europe.
While GDPR is a new requirement, it involves various established data practices such as enterprise data management (EDM), master data management (MDM), consent management, data integration, and enterprise architecture — all areas in which Primitive Logic has been successful for decades.
What Is the GDPR?
The GDPR applies to any business that collects, stores, or processes the personal data of EU residents (not just citizens), regardless of where the organization is based. The regulation revolves around the following key data subject rights:
- Security: Right to have personal data protected by a level of security appropriate to the related risks
- Data Access: Access to personal data and details around how that data is used, by whom, why, when, and how
- Consent: Affirmative action required by data subject on how personal data can be used.
- Correction: Right to review and correct inaccurate data
- Erasure: Right to delete data or restrict its use
- Data Portability: Right to obtain personal data in a human-readable formatted text document
- Profiling and Automated Decisions: Right not to be subjected to automated decisions that may have legal or material effects on the data subject
- Breach Notification: Requirement to inform data subjects within 72 hours of a data breach
Why Is the GDPR So Important?
If the GDPR applies to your organization and you fail to comply as of May 25, 2018, your organization could be subject to a fine of $23 million or 4 percent of your total worldwide annual revenue, whichever is greater. Many companies are also requiring that their vendors comply with the GDPR as a condition of doing business.
How Primitive Logic Can Help
Primitive Logic has more than 30 years of experience implementing compliance solutions for clients in a wide variety of industries. We’ve been building our knowledge base on the GDPR since it was first announced in 2016, and we’ve developed a proven approach to achieving compliance with all its directives.
Primitive Logic helps you better understand why, how, and where your organization is using personal data, then we create and implement a strategic roadmap to GDPR compliance.
- 013 : Understand : We help you understand why, how, and where your organization is using personal data, and where gaps exist between your current practices and GDPR requirements.
- 014 : Plan : We create a roadmap and prioritize the actions needed to achieve the target readiness level, address technology system changes, and meet data governance standards.
- 015 : Act : We design and implement architectural changes needed to address gaps, and we establish a governance program to help you remain compliant.
Laying the Groundwork for GDPR Compliance
Primitive Logic helped this global engineering firm prepare its policies, procedures, and applications for compliance with the EU GDPR.
We Can Help
Let the Primitive Logic team help you achieve mindful digital transformation.