We created a digital strategy to help this healthcare organization elevate their customer care
Customers now have a compelling reason to continue trusting our client with their business year after year.
When users complained about the poor usability, functional gaps, and subpar tools on this healthcare company’s customer portal — and many times bypassed it altogether — the client contacted Primitive Logic.
Users complained that it was difficult and time-consuming to search, order, and track products via our client’s online customer center. They compared the site unfavorably with those of competitors, and leadership knew that the situation was causing them to lose revenue through customer attrition.
Our client’s call center was also receiving a disproportionate number of calls from customers who were frustrated with the online ordering process. Call center representatives were spending about 70 percent of their time taking and placing orders on behalf of customers.
Why They Chose Primitive Logic
Primitive Logic had built a successful working relationship with this client over more than a decade, repeatedly demonstrating our ability to resolve complex problems with premium-quality work. They were familiar with our expertise in the area of digital strategy, in addition to the deep experience of our technical and creative team members, which made us the ideal choice to help them with this initiative.
Primitive Logic recognized that our client’s problem went far beyond “fixing the website.” We knew they needed a digital strategy focused on meeting the needs of their customers in the present and addressing evolving expectations in the future.
We initiated the project by interviewing internal stakeholders and speaking with some of our client’s customers. This research allowed us to better understand the users of our client’s digital assets, the different types of use cases, and the needs of internal departments outside of marketing and IT (such as the finance group). It also brought to light three specific challenges that the client’s digital strategy needed to address:
- Speed to Market: Our client required some digital assets to be deployed more quickly than others.
- User Permissions: Our client needed an efficient, user-centric experience for users at all permission levels, from pharmacy techs to nurses to hospital administrators.
- Do It Yourself Reporting: The client needed simpler and more efficient DIY reporting capabilities, as account coordinators were spending 40 percent of their time running reports for customers and for the sales team.
Primitive Logic built a strategy that aligns our client’s digital practices with their overall business objectives, leveraging our proven approach to mindful digital transformation:
- Current State Assessment: We reviewed our client’s digital presence from every angle and identified areas for improvement.
- Insights and Analysis: We compiled the results of our customer and stakeholder research to clarify expectations of the new digital architecture.
- Innovation Roadmap: Working closely with our client, we defined specific digital objectives and built a roadmap for achieving them.
- Digital Scope: We designed a digital experience that spans every aspect of our client’s online presence.
- Execution and Governance: In executing our client’s strategy, we implemented a flexible architecture that achieved their goal of launching certain digital assets quickly while others were still in process. We also built user journeys to accommodate each visitor’s needs and permission levels, and we created functionalities that made it easy for customers and stakeholders to create and access reports.
- Future-State Architecture: Because both technology and customer expectations are constantly evolving, we ensured that our client’s digital architecture is flexible enough to adapt to future variables.
Primitive Logic enabled our client to offer an elevated online experience that serves their customers and internal stakeholders on a higher level. As a result of the improved online ordering process, the company’s call center volume declined by 40 percent in the first six months following project completion. Improved DIY reporting features allow account coordinators to focus their time and effort on building customer relationships instead of running reports. Most importantly, the new experience prevented further loss of revenue by giving customers a compelling reason to continue trusting our client with their business year after year.
We Can Help
Let the Primitive Logic team help you achieve mindful digital transformation.